Availability & Pack Information
Fish arrives to NYC weekly
Aug-Nov: 3-6kg, Dec-Aug: 5-12kg
Our yellowtail comes from Sashimi Royal A/S in Thy, Denmark. Here you’ll find one of the world’s most modern onshore fish farming facilities, which produces the delicious yellowtail in a gentle, eco-friendly and sustainable manner.
- The company produces its own fry at its sister company, Maximus, hatched from fertilized eggs produced by selected broodstock.
- Our high-quality fish is grown without any form of parasites, disease or pollution in dedicated facilities on land. The fish live in filtered, cleaned and recirculated saltwater from the North Sea.
- Sashimi Royal does not use either antibiotics or medicines of any kind. These farming procedures, along with the feed earned this product ASC certification in 2018.
- Harvesting through an ASC approved process known as Ikijime, ensures that the high quality of meat is retained.
THE SCIENCE OF SASHIMI ROYAL’S SUPERIOR QUALITY
Stewardship The less trauma a fish suffers before, during, and after harvest, the better the quality of the meat. That’s because as a fish faces stress, it produces lactic acid and cortisol, which in turn lowers meat quality. Careful stewardship throughout the entire process ensures superior quality in every fish.
Timing Unlike traditional open water Yellowtail farms in the south Pacific which can take several days to reach US markets, our fish arrive on the East Coast of the US in a matter of hours. Safeguarding the superior quality and great taste of our Yellow tail is paramount through the strictly controlled journey from production and harvest to the dinner table.
Wheeler Seafood is the exclusive agent.
- Fresh, Ikejime harvested
- ASC certified (Aquaculture Stewardship Council)
- Land based, wind powered Recirculating Aquaculture System (RAS)
- Reaches the US market still in rigor
- Unparalleled freshness
- Flown to the US weekly