Availability & Pack Information
Pre-order each Monday – Fish arrives weekly into NYC & Boston
- Pack Info: All cuts are available in 22 lb. boxes
- Available In: Whole fish, Whole fillets (PBI or PBO), Butterfly fillets, Canoe fillets, Twifling fillets
As veteran fishmongers we recognize the characteristics of proper farming, responsible animal care, and environmental stewardship. We source our premium bronzini from farms who have demonstrated care and consistency. We have identified a small number of farmers who are able to produce fish to our standards and bring them consistently to the North American market
Taste Notes and Characteristics:
Delicate and flaky, this white-fleshed fish is perfect for whole or fillet preparations. Grilled, roasted, pan-fried or steamed, bronzini is highly regarded and is an important culinary import.
- From: Eastern Mediterranean: Turkey, Cyprus, Greece
- Species: Dicentrarchus labrax
- GMOs: None
- Feeds: Fish meal & fish oils
- Feed Conversion Ratio: FCR (Feed Conversion Ratio) 1.8 kg – 2.3 kg :1 ; depending on the season and water temperature
- Harvest: Chill
- Water: Pens 65 meters deep to maximize water circulation; Temperature range 14C – 26C, the optimum for both sea bass and sea bream
- Global G.A.P.